April 23, 2017

Veterans Office

Veterans Service Officer
Bob Wagner
830 6th Ave.
Belle Fourche, SD 57717
(605) 723-8387 (phone)
(605) 892-4414 (fax)

Monday & Tuesday 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM

Transporation to the Fort Meade VA Clinic is Available on Tuesday & Wednesday. Call the Butte County VSO 24 hours in advance to make a reservation.

The Butte County Veterans Service Office (VSO) assists veterans, and their dependents and survivors in applying for veterans’ benefits including benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs and the State of South Dakota. Referrals are also made to other agencies that may have potential benefits for veterans.

Areas of primary activity are VA health care, education, disability claims, death benefits, survivor’s benefits, home loan certificates, and obtaining military records and discharges.

The county VSO is an excellent source for information on all matters relating to veterans’ benefits. The staff has the training and experience to serve veterans’ needs. The county Veterans Service Office:
– offers complete claims service and explanation of VA procedures.
– provides follow-up service once a decision has been made.
– provides information regarding eligibility at VA medical facilities.
– assists eligible South Dakota veterans in applying for the South Dakota State Bonus Program.

Veterans are encouraged to register their discharge information (DD Form 214, Report of Separation) with the Butte County Registrar of Deeds Office.

Frequently Asked Questions

Does the Veterans Service Office have access to my VA file or medical records?
No. The county VSO does not have direct access but we can help you.

Can I apply for VA health care through Veterans Service Office?

I have lost my DD-214, can you help me?
Yes. The county VSO has Department of Defense(DOD) and National Personnel Records Center forms available for completion.

Can you help me with applying for the South Dakota Bonus?
Yes. The county VSO assists in submitting forms for the South Dakota Bonus.

Am I eligible for burial at the National Cemetery?
The county VSO offers advice and guidance on eligibility for veterans and their dependents concerning internment at the National Cemetery.

For additional information about veterans benefits, contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at www.va.gov.

For information on VA Health Care eligibility, see the web pages at www.va.gov/healtheligibility/.